Buying a home is an exciting time in one’s life. Choosing a REALTOR® is your first step to ensuring that your new home and community meets your needs. My services and experience range from first time homebuyers to second home owners, my main goal is to help you find the home that best suits you and your family needs. For your convenience, I also provide listings sent to your email as soon as they hit the real estate market. I treat all my clients like I would want to be treated and have many clients that have become long time friends.
Buying a home is not only exciting but can also be complex and stressful, this is why it is important to have a real estate agent that knows what they are doing and will walk you through the process. Don’t try to go at this alone, I can help make this process easier and save you tons of time and make sure you don’t make costly mistakes.
As Your Agent, I Will:
- Sit down and find out what you are looking for and walk you through homes online to get a feel for what you like and then we will go out and look at homes that best suit your criteria.
- Guide you through the entire home buying process, from finding homes, helping you get the best financing to closing escrow.
- Make sure you don’t pay too much for your new home and help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Answer all of your questions about the local real estate market and surrounding area, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
Before You Start Looking For Your New Home:
- Check your credit rating. Straighten out any errors before its too late.
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase, including down payment and monthly payment.
- Find a loan program that meets your needs and get pre-qualified (preferably pre-approved).
- Choose a REALTOR® that you trust and who understands your needs.
- Determine what neighborhood best matches your needs.
- Identify important features you need your new home to have.
Homes For Sale
On my website you can create saved searches to link to. This can be for homes/land based on price range or property characteristics.
What is the importance of getting pre-approved for a mortgage? How do you go about getting pre-approved?
Getting pre-approved is a great idea when you decide to start looking for a home to purchase to start with finding a lender and getting pre-approved. Getting pre-approved is easy, all you have to do is provide a lender a little bit of information about you and your income and they will tell you about what price range they can approve you for.
A great reason to start with a pre-approval is so you know what price range you can start your home search in.
I have a number of lenders I work with. If you would like a recommendation and information about a lender I would be happy to give you a few names and numbers.
Escrow and Closing Costs
What is escrow? Are there any closing costs that buyers should be aware of? What is the process of purchasing a home?
Escrow is a company your transaction will go through for purchasing your home. All paperwork that needs to be signed will go through the title company. Closing cost vary but once you choose a home we can request an estimate for your closing costs.
Before deciding you purchase a home you should speak with a lender to see what amount you can get approved for, once you have this and find the home you would like to purchase a contract is written. If the offer is accepted by the seller you would then schedule a home inspection and if repairs are needed you would negotiate these. Once this is done then you would move to close escrow. Before closing an appraisal on the property value must be obtained. If the home appraises at the value you are purchasing the home for then the lender will finish up his paperwork and send to the title company for all to sign.
This is just a short recap of how the process works. If you would like to discuss further please give me a call.
Are you relocating to this area? Looking for more information to help you find the right city and neighborhood for your family?
Our relocation guide includes the most up-to-date and vital information for people looking to move to our area.Download Our Relocation Guide
I enjoy working with first time home buyers and walking them through the process of purchasing a new home. Buying a home is one of the biggest purchases most people will make.