Selling a house in Sunriver, OR and the Surrounding Area
Making the smart move of choosing a REALTOR® is your first step to ensuring that your investment in your home pays off. My services and experience allow you to focus on your move while I manage your home sale from our initial consultation to the closing deal, and beyond. I pride myself on repeat business and hope you’ll come to understand why. I have been selling real estate in the Sunriver area for 19 years and in the Top 1% of all Central Oregon real estate agents.
Selling a house near Sunriver, OR shouldn’t be a stressful. Making the smart move of choosing a REALTOR® is your first step to ensuring that your investment in your home pays off. My services and experience allow you to focus on your move while I manage your home sale from our initial consultation to the closing deal, and beyond. I pride myself on repeat business and hope you’ll come to understand why. I have been selling real estate in the Sunriver area for 19 years and in the Top 1% of all Central Oregon real estate agents.
As a Sunriver real estate agent I will help you understand what to expect when selling a home near Sunriver, OR. Planning and preparation is key before your put your home up for sale. If you want to get the most money for your home it is important to do some of the following for your home to show well. We want people to have the best first impression they can have of your home.
Before Selling A House Near Sunriver, OR:
Look around and see if your home needs the following-
Painting – interior, exterior or touch up painting. This will freshen up the house, make sure you keep your choices neutral, these colors are a bit more versatile and pleasing to prospective buyers.
Wash the Windows – When was the last time you washed the windows? When your windows sparkle it makes a world of difference with prospective home buyers.
Fixups – Look around, are there items that could use a little fix? Are the tracks on the closet doors working properly, does the carpet have a stain that needs to be cleaned, is the faucet leaking, etc……
Stage– Staging your home makes a big difference in buyers first impression of your home. Declutter, reorganize. It has been found that homes that are staged sell for a higher price. I can help recommend what you should do to stage your home.
Lights and Heat – It is important when selling a houme near Sunriver, OR to keep it at a comfortable temperature and to leave some lights on. No one likes to walk into a house that is cold and dark.
I have more tips and tricks for selling a house near Sunriver, Or if you would like to give me a call. 541-815-0906
As Your Agent, I Will:
- Complete a real estate comparative market analysis that will compare your home’s value to that of your neighbors and other homes that have sold in the area.
- Compile a comprehensive plan detailing all the efforts I will employ to sell your home, including internet and local media.
- Present your home to as many qualified buyers as possible getting your home maximum exposure.
- Help you stage your home and generate curb appeal to ensure you get the highest price.
- Assist with obtaining offers and help you in negotiating the best deal as smoothly as possible.
- Help you find your next home and answer all your questions about the Sunriver real estate market and surrounding area, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more. Would you like to know what homes are selling for on your street? Use the contact me to find out what homes in your neighborhood are selling for free of charge, or choose a more detailed analysis of the value of your home. Curb appeal of your home is key and could make a difference whether people stop and take a flyer, or drive right by. I have a few tips that could help you to increase the curb appeal of your home. Staging your home is important. Many buyers will stay in your home longer if it’s staged appropriately. Contact me and I will compile some ideas to help present your home in the most effective manner to get it sold in today’s real estate market as quickly as possible.
What Closing Costs You Should Expect:
- Title insurance fees, the vary depend on the sales price of the home.
- Broker’s commission, this will vary and cost anywhere between 5% to 7%.
- Local property transfer tax, county transfer tax, state transfer tax, and state capital gains tax are the charges that you’ll pay for the privilege of selling your home. Credit to the buyer of unpaid real estate taxes for the prior or current year are variable and depend on when you close and when your taxes are due.
- FHA fees and costs are all fees are now negotiable between an FHA buyer and seller.
- Water test is paid by the seller and if you have a septic, pump and inspect fees are in some circumstances paid for by the seller.
- Miscellaneous fees can accrue from correcting problems noticed during the home inspection, these are negotiable.
Marketing Your Home
Selling a home takes a well thought out game plan. We have a game plan that we would love to share with you and help you get your home sold. Let us show you that selling a home in Sunriver, Or and the surrounding area doesn’t have to be stressful.
When selling a home in Sunriver Or you want an agent with a proven track record of selling homes. This is especially true for homes like yours in your area. I have been selling homes in Sunriver and the surrounding area for 19 years, last year I represented 104 real estate transactions and am in the top 1% of all Central Oregon real estate agents. Check out my results.
What’s Your Home Worth?
Not sure if this is a good time to sell? I have data that will show you what today’s real estate market is doing compared to the previous years. Are you wondering how much you could get for your home? I will create a comparative market analysis for your home to show you what you can expect to get for your home compared on other homes similar to yours that have sold in the area.
Escrow and Closing Costs
What is escrow? Are there any closing costs that buyers should be aware of? What is the process of selling a home?
Escrow is a company your transaction will go through for purchasing your home. All paperwork that needs to be signed by both buyers and sellers will go through the title company. Closing cost vary but we can get you an estimate for your closing costs.
Once an offer is received on your home we will start the negotiating process of agreeing on a price, once the price and additional terms if any are agreed upon the buyer will be responsible for ordering and paying for a home inspection if they choose to do so. There is also a timeframe in the contract that earnest money will need to be deposited with escrow.
Earnest money is the money that a buyer agrees to pay a seller if they withdraw from the contract without a contractual reason
After the home inspection the buyer may request from the seller to make repairs, these will be negotiated. Once this is negotiated we will move forward to close escrow. Most transactions from start to finish are taking about 45 to 60 days to complete.
The first contact a seller will have with escrow will be once a contract is accepted. This is just a short recap of how the process works. If you would like to discuss further please give me a call.