Did you know?
1. The anme Sunriver was selected by developers John Gray and Donatld V. MCallum in 1968
2. Sunriver is located on the grounds of the former Camp Abbot, a World War II training facility designed to rain combat engineers in a simulated combat environment. The U.S. Army camp opened in 1942, but by June 1944, the camp was abondoned and most of the settlement was razed.
3. Sunriver was also the site of the pioneer Shonquest Ranch. Sunriver post office was established on Jyly 18, 1969, at the same time the public facilities were opened.
4. All of Oregon has NO sales tax.
5. Oreogn is one of the only two states where you can't pump your own gas (New Jersey being the other)
6. Permanent population of approximately 1,700 though during high peak season it may increase to upwards of 20,000
7. This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6 degrees F. According to the Koppen Climate Classification system, Sunriver has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated "Csb" on climate maps.
8. Sunriver airport is a public use airport located one nautical mile (2 km) west of the central business district of Sunriver. It is privately owned by Sunriver Resort, L.P. This airport is included in the national Plan of integrated Airport Systems for 2011-2015, which categorized it as a genearal aviation facility.
9. We have an Observatory which is an astronomical observatory operated by the not-for-profit Sunriver Nature Center & Observatory in Sunriver, Oregon. The observatory has 11 telescopes. In July 2012, the observatory was renamed the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver.
10. Elevation is at 4,164 ft
11. Sunriver has over 35 miles of paved bike paths.
12. Average commute time in 32 minutes. The National Average is 25 minutes to Bend.