2. Sunriver is located on the grounds of the former Camp Abbot, a World War II training facility designed to train combat engineers in a simulated combat environment. The U.S. Army camp opened in 1942, but by June 1944, the camp was abandoned and most of the settlement was razed.
3. Sunriver was also the site of the pioneer Shonquest Ranch, Sunriver post office was established on July 18, 1969, at the same time the public facilities were opened.
4. Sunriver and all of Oregon has no sales tax.
5. Oreogn is one of the only two states where you can't pump your own gas (New Jersey being the other).
6. Permanent population of approximately 1,700 though during high peak season it may increase to upwaards of 20,000.
7. This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures abouve 80 degrees F. According to the Koppen Climate Classification system, Sunriver has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated "Csb" on climate maps.
8. Sunriver airport is a public use airport located one nautical mile (2 km) west of the central businesss district of Sunriver. It is a privately owned by Sunriver Resort, LP. this airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011-2015, which catergorized it as a general aviation facility.
9. Sunriver Observatory is an astronomical observatory operated by the not-for-profit Sunriver Nature Center &Observatory in Sunriver, Oregon. the observatory has 11 telescopes. In July 2012, the observatory was renamed the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver.
10. Sunriver's elevaton is at 4,164 ft (1,269.2m.)
11. Sunriver has over 35 miles of paved bike paths.
12. Average commute time is 32 minutes. the Ntional Average is 25 minutes in Bend.
Wed Mar 24 2021
This week the median list price for Sunriver, OR 97707 is $992,000 with the market action index hovering around 83. This is an increase over last month's market action index of 77. Inventory has held steady at or around 4.
This answers "How's the Market?" by comparing rate of sales versus inventory.
The market continues to get hotter. More sales demand and fewer homes listed have contributed to a relatively long run of increasing prices. Current supply and demand levels show no sign of prices changing from their current trend.
Price trends in this zip code continued their recent uptrend this week. While still below the market's high point, we've seen a nice run recently.
Each segment below represents approximately 25% of the market ordered by price.
Go directly to First American Market Report